- To provide clean cooking fuel for kitchens, lighting and meeting other thermal and small power needs of farmers/dairy farmers /users including individual households and to improve organic manure system based on bio slurry from biogas plants in rural and semi urban areas by setting up of small size biogas plants of 1 to 25 Cubic Metre capacity.
- To mitigate drudgery of women and time saving for them for other livelihood activities and reduce pressure on forests and accentuate social benefits;
- To improve sanitation in rural and semi-urban areas including linking sanitary toilets with cattle dung biogas plants;
- To provide biogas plant produced slurry (liquid / semi-solid or dried) as an organic enriched bio- manure to help reduce use of chemical fertilizers such as urea, linking biogas slurry with enrichment units such as vermicomposting, Phosphate Rich Organic Manure (PROM) plants and other organic enrichment facilities as a source of value addition to bio gas plant slurry.
- To meet ‘lifeline energy’ needs for clean cooking as envisaged in “Integrated Energy Policy” of NITI Aayog (erstwhile Planning Commission).
- To help in combating and reduction in causes of climate change by preventing emissions of Green House Gases ( GHGs) such as carbon dioxide and methane into the atmosphere.
|Period||Financial Year 2017-18 to 2019-20, co-terminating with 14th|
Finance Commission Period on 31.03.2020.
The details of the complete scheme Administrative Sanction -cum- Guidelines, dated 30.05.2018 are available on MNRE web site.
- Allocation of Annual Targets by the MNRE to all State Implementing Agencies under NNBOMP with the starting of Financial Year.
- Provision of 50% advance release of funds for annual allocated targets to the designated SND, PIAs i.e. State Rural Development Departments/ State Nodal Agencies and KVIC, Mumbai for Biogas plants.
- Special rates of CFA for NER States, SC and ST Categories for Biogas Plants.
- Provision of an additional Subsidy for cattle dung based biogas plants if linked with sanitary toilets, only for individual households (Rs. 1600/- Per Biogas Plant).
- Addl. CFA for purchasing of 100% biogas engines and transportation of biogas from the site of the biogas plant to the site of biogas engine also incentivised.
- Across the country 8 number of Biogas Development and Training Centres (BDTCs) are providing technical and trainings, Field Inspections and information & publicity assistance to the State Rural Development Departments/ State Nodal Agencies for biogas Development and awareness.
- Various types of training courses such as Construction-cum-Maintenance, Refresher Training Courses, Users’ Courses, Biogas Turn-Key Workers Course, Staff Training Courses and Skill Development Courses have been designed for imparting knowledge and skill development, create a cadre of biogas masons and technicians skilled in the construction, installation commissioning and maintenance of approved models of biogas plants under the scheme.
- Different types of Biogas Plant Models available such as (i) Deenbandhu fixed dome model (ii) KVIC’s Floating Dome Design; and (iii) Prefabricated Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) digester with KVIC floating drum
- Provisions of 100% Physical Verification and Sample Village-wise biogas plant Monitoring mechanism.
- For Motivation and appreciation by MNRE to SRDDs & State Office of KVIC for overall performance and achieving highest annual targets allocated under the Scheme.
|How to avail the financial assistance|
- Under NNBOMP, SND, SNA, State Rural Development Departments and KVIC will identify feasible biogas plant sites / beneficiaries and selection of the potential beneficiaries and their applications for biogas plants;
- The applicable CFA / Subsidy amount will be disbursed to the beneficiaries of biogas plants by crediting to their Bank Accounts after completion and commissioning of biogas plants.
- If biogas plant beneficiary has taken loan for setting up of biogas plant from Scheduled Banks or Cooperative Banks or under the KCC or from NABARD / IREDA, NABARD authorized Financial Institutions for Agriculture, the CFA/subsidy amount would be deposited / transferred directly to his Biogas Loan Account seeded with Aadhar Numbers of the beneficiaries by following DBT route.
- Payment of Turn-Key Job Fee at the rates prescribed for setting up of Biogas plants and rendering quality biogas services on turn-key basis by the corporate bodies/ registered Societies/ approved, trained & registered Private entrepreneurs categories as given under eligibility at ‘A’ above will be released by the MNRE, SNA, SND & KVIC, Mumbai after satisfactory completion and commissioning of the biogas plants and on receipt of claims in the proforma on receipt of the final claims all duly audited and certified by the Head of the main programme implementing agencies
|Whom to contact||Interested users / beneficiary should contact to the concerned State Nodal Department, Agencies, NDDB or KVIC State Office/ Regional Offices for installation of biogas plants under NNBOMP.|
- Biogas Application Web Portal & Mobile App under New National Biogas and Organic Manure Programme (NNBOMP) (07-12-2020)
- Allocation of physical targets for setting up small Biogas Plants under New National Biogas and Organic Manure Programme (NNBOMP) during 2020-21 (24-07-2020)
- Continuation/Extension of ongoing public funded Central Sector Scheme, "New National Biogas and Organic Manure Programme (NNBOMP)" beyond 31.03.2020 and during the years 2020-21-reg (11-06-2020).
- Administrative Sanction-cum- Guidelines for implementation of the Central sector Scheme, New National Biogas and Organic Manure Programme (NNBOMP) during the period 2017-18 to 2019-20, co- terminating with 14th Finance Commission period on 31.03.2020 (30-05-2018)