1. Skill Development in Solar energy
Suryamitra (Solar PV technician) Programme
One of the skill development programmes viz. Solar PV technician (Suryamita) training was initiated in 2015 to create a work force to meet the demand of solar energy sector. A cumulative total of 51529 number of Suryamitras were trained till December, 2022. Suryamitra training programme will be implemented on pan India basis with focus on solar energy potential areas / installed solar projects. The brief details of the programme are as under:
- Implementing Institute: National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Gurugram through training centres / institutes selected by NISE on the basis of infrastructure, faculty strength and past training experience in solar and other renewable energy technologies.
- Duration of the programme: The duration of programme is three months (residential)/600 hours including classroom training, lab practical, SPV plant exposure, on the job training, soft skills and entrepreneurship skills etc.
- Target participants: Min. 10th Pass + ITI in Electrician/ Wireman/ Electronics Mechanic/Fitter/Sheet Metal.
- Funding Pattern: Funding for trainings would be as per Ministry of Skill and Entrepreneur Development (MSDE) and the periodical changes will be in accordance with MSDE revision of the norms.
- Assessment and certification: by Skill Council of Green Jobs (SCGJ) / any other MSDE approved institutions.
- Other details : The details regarding the Suryamitra programme can be referred at https://suryamitra.nise.res.in
List of Trained suryamitras
- For year 2015-16( 1mb, PDF)
- For year 2016-17( 3mb, PDF)
- For year 2017-18( 275kb, PDF)
- For year 2018-19( 4mb, PDF)
- For year 2019-20( 3mb, PDF)
Varunmitra (Solar Water Pumping Technician) Programme :
Under PM-KUSUM (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahaabhiyan) scheme which has provision of hybridization of decentralised renewable energy plants and agriculture pumps, it is planned to replace Agriculture Diesel pumps with Solar Water pumps and Solarise Grid connected Agriculture pumps. Installation of large number of ‘Solar Water Pumps’ under PM-Kusum would necessarily need ‘Trained and Skilled’ manpower for installation / Commissioning as well as for repair/ maintenance. Keeping in view all this ‘Training Programs on Solar Water Pumping Systems’ under “ Varunmitra ” was designed across the county to impart awareness about the technology. The trained and Skilled Workforce are called “Varunmitras”. Solar water pumping Technician training programme is implemented through National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE).
2. Skill Development in other RE technologies
Vayumitra (Wind Energy Technician) Programme
Vayumitra Skill Development Programme (VSDP) (Phase-1) was launched to train Wind Power Plant Technicians for Wind Energy Projects with a target to develop 5734 no. of skilled manpower for the period of 3 years. National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE), Chennai has been assigned the task of coordination of the trainings.
- The details regarding the Vayumitra programme can be referred at https://vsdp.niwe.res.in/
Jal Urja Mitra (small Hydro Power Plant Technician) Programme
The Ministry has launched the Jal-Urjamitra Skill Development Programme to train Small Hydro Power Plant Technicians for maintenance of Small Hydro Power Projects with a target to develop 1780 no. of skilled manpower for the period of 5 years. Hydro and Renewable Energy Department (HRED), Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee has been assigned the task of coordination of the trainings.